In latest Windows Server Versions by default we get .NET Frame Work 4.6 Installed on the server although .NET Frame Work 3.5 is Available it will not get installed .If you want to install .NET Frame Work 3.5 in latest Windows Servers we can do this in following ways like :
- From the Server Manager : Click on Add Roles and Features -> Click Features -> Click NET Framework 3.5 Features
- From DISM command: DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All
- From PowerShell : Add-WindowsFeature NET-Framework-Core -Source DriveName:\sources\sxs
If you have internet Access working in your Windows Server then it can be done by configuring the server to use Windows Update as a source without providing the Source path. This worked for me.
Here Windows Update has download the .NET Frame Work 3.5 installation files, but the server is configured not to use Windows Update (common for managed servers). To get Installed with Windows Update we have to Enable the option and click the Check box option ‘ Download repair content and optional features directly from Windows Update instead of WSUS ‘.
For approaching above go through below steps :
1. Start the Local Group Policy Editor or Group Policy Management Console (WIN+R and type gpedit.msc).
2. Expand Computer Configuration Folder–> then click expand Administrative Templates Folder–> then select System.
3. Double click to open Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair Group Policy setting, and then select click Enabled.
4. Also click Enable for Contact Windows Update directly to download repair content instead of Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) checkbox.
Now go to Add Roles and Features Wizard and select enabling checkbox .NET Framework 3.5 and get it installed successfully.